Feb 23, 2016

29 Faces


listening
to the light
~


I have been enjoying adding to this chart
i start with one color as rich and pure as i can get it
make the first square
then dipping my brush in a tiny bit of water and if need be, 
more color 
then
make the second square and so on
diluting each square

i was surprised 
to find that many of the colors when quite diluted 
become a color that can be used for skin

these are all Daniel Smith Watercolors
I love their paints

this little face 
does not excite me
but it is fun to see that i used mostly the same color on her
Quinacridone Sienna 


i love how diverse one color can be!
~
face 22 and 23 
for 
~
*


5 comments:

  1. I love the colour chart. And the first picture reminds me of one of my cousins :-) Its quite uncanny really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such color palettes and charts are so inspiring, and it is truly a wonder that you can make masterpieces with only one color, such as your water colors are. Limited color palettes are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get 'hung up' on the correct colour paint for skin but now I use any colour especially purple for the shadows.Paint charts are fun to make and surprisingly useful. I"be never done a diluted one with watercolour though, what a great idea!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get 'hung up' on the correct colour paint for skin but now I use any colour especially purple for the shadows.Paint charts are fun to make and surprisingly useful. I"be never done a diluted one with watercolour though, what a great idea!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The color chart even looks like art.
    The smaller face could be my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely of you to drop by! I love hearing from you~